Thursday, February 23, 2012

LANDSCAPE PAINTING IN PASTELS- acknowledgements and copyright information

Copyright 2010 © by Deborah Secor. All rights reserved. 
Originally published online on 2-10-2010. 

Information may be downloaded for personal use; users are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell any materials from this weblog in either machine-readable form or any other form without specific written permission of the author. For permissions and other copyright-related questions, please email: debsecor (at) gmail (dot) com 

Please see further information on COPYRIGHT and MAKING COPIES  in the left column. 

________________________________
LANDSCAPE PAINTING IN PASTELS
By Deborah Secor


________________________________
DEDICATION

To my Lord and King, Jesus Christ.
You sustain me in all things.
To You be all the glory and honor.

________________________________
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I would like to thank Maggie Price for her help in conceiving and executing this as a workbook beginning back in 1993, and for encouraging and fostering my writing ability. I learned tremendous amounts writing under your guidance for the first five years of The Pastel Journal’s existence, and I’m so grateful for the opportunity you first gave me to begin writing professionally.

F+W Publications originally published several of these chapters as articles featured in The Pastel Journal, although many of them have since been further edited as I’ve discovered more about the subjects. I especially want to thank editors Maureen Bloomfield and Anne Hevener, each of whom has helped me along the way, as well as the entire staff of editors that have consistently corrected and improved on what I've written. Many thanks to Philip Van Hulle for editing these pages. I’ve learned over the years that a good editor works hard to make the author look better than she is.

The people who have passed through my classrooms for over 20 years have acted as the catalyst for this book, constantly seeking to understand more, consistently asking excellent and engaging questions that required me to find the bottom line, and providing the enjoyment of watching them journey along the pastel pathway. I meant it every time I said, “It’s looking good. Keep going!”

A special thanks to my Thursday art gang who have kept coming back for many years of fun, work and growth. Some have come and gone, but you all know who you are. It’s a privilege to teach such a talented group. I couldn’t do it without you. You always make me look good!

14 comments:

  1. Deborah - this is a very kind and generous gift on your part. I know many pastel artists and aspiring students will much appreciate this book as I know how much I've enjoyed what you've written in the past.

    I've highlighted your new blog on my new blog 'The Art of the Landscape', added this blog into its blogroll and I'll also be giving people regular reminders as you publish new chapters! :)

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement, Katherine. I greatly appreciate it. Your blogs are world famous, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, Thanks so much for this wonderful book, I'm going to be following happily along, too, as I know will many others. Thank you also for your fine example of standing up for the Lord, boldly and without apology! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deborah - you are an inspiration on so many levels. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I look forward to following this journey - in art and in the Lord!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah,

    Thank you so much for this fantastic book. You're so generous and I can't tell you how much I appreciate what I've learned already! What a wonderful witness to our Lord Jesus! May He be glorified through it all.

    Blessings,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen, amen, amen. Thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will forever be grateful for this book! I wanna cry lol. I've been looking for free lessons everywhere! and yours seems the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came across your blog and as a fellow believer, am delighted to have the opportunity to visit and learn from your experience and book. Thank you for your giving heart in sharing with all of us.
    Thea in North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stumbled on to you site while looking for some information on pastel painting thinking that I would like to give it a try. The information you are sharing is so helpful, concise yet complete and your knowledge of design principles is right on. And then to discover you are a Christian was frosting on the cake. I am looking forward to reading more of your chapters and giving pastel painting a try. Thank you so much for your generous gift, sharing your knowledge and praise God for your courage to make a stand for our Lord.

    Marilyn Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your Christian giving generosity. I so much appreciate your sharing. I have not read your book yet, as I just came upon it - but I can already see that you have answers to many of my questions. God Bless, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to believe that I'm just now finding this book. As of today, I've shared the link with all of my pastel artist friends, several of whom you've met at IAPS. Thank you for this generous gift of your knowledge and expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sallie. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a true blessing to us all! Thank you! How do I save (print) to PDF. When I try, it wants to do only the page on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Artygal. In the past folks have literally copied and pasted into a Word document. You might also look into any of the eBook platforms that make a one-off copy for you. I'm afraid I'm not up on which of those works best anymore, but you might check on www.bloxp.com. (This is not a recommendation--I really don't know!) Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment on Painting the Landscape in Pastels ~Deborah