Sunday, October 9, 2016

PDF/ eBook Format

Since I first shared Landscape Painting in Pastels as a blog, I've had people ask me to offer it as an PDF they can read or print. Finally it's here for you. Just click on the link below:

Landscape Painting in Pastels PDF

If you want to print the book, open the PDF, right click, choose print and away you go. It's 142 pages. I really hope many of you will find this helpful.

Or you can also go to www.bloxp.com and make a nice little eBook, which you can save in any or all of three different formats. Free. Clean, easy to read, ready to go on your Kindle, if you like. I recommend you add a Table of Contents, and delete all the posts after The End. It's easy and quick.

I humbly apologize to those of you who have already laboriously copied and pasted page after page, and printed them out for yourselves.

I'm afraid the rest of this post is only going to make sense to Christians.

We crazy-seeming Christians have some odd values, but we live in an upside-down world. If knowing you can have the PDF version of the book is all that matters to you, let me just wish you well. I hope you'll enjoy this format. Feel free to print out one copy for yourself, if you want one. Blessings to you...

If you're staying with me, I have to confess something here. I've been reluctant to push the buttons to make this happen because I haven't really been giving this book away with the heart of joy that God wants us Christians to have.
But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver(2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
I have sowed rather sparingly, grudgingly giving this book out of necessity.

I wrote this as my 'retirement income', fully intending to approach publishers and envisioning it as the way I could take care of myself when I retired. If you aren't a Christ follower, the fact that I chose to give it away might not make a lick of sense to you, but those of you who know the Lord probably get it. This isn't a do-it-yourself life, it's a life of dependence on the Lord.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
I was led to believe that the best thing I could do was to find a way to give this book away, freely and completely. If I hadn't been certain that the Lord Jesus was directing me to trust Him in this, I never would have done it. He surely doesn't intend that everyone do this same thing, but He made it clear to me. Maybe you've had this same kind of certainty about something else.

After hesitating for about two years, I capitulated, knowing that when I surrender to His will things always go better for me. Yet, as I said, I gave with a grudging heart.

I know that when I draw near to God, He will always draw near to me (James 4:8), so recently I started digging into the dark corners to find out why I just haven't had much joy. I realized I was obeying Him but not responding to His grace. I wrote "Freely you have received, freely give," but I held back a little.

Jesus has so graciously let me find my way to this issue over the course of six years, but now the Lord wants me to GIVE this book. Fully. And I do.

Today I came to the realization that I could invest cheerfully in giving more by figuring out how to make a PDF file you can access and print. I'm so glad to be able to do this and I hope the format works. Look into www.bloxp.com or any other platform you want to use for making a blog into an eBook.

May the Lord bless you as you use this book. I hope it brings you JOY!

Deborah

17 comments:

  1. Dear Deb, special thanks to you. Please pass my best wishes to your Dan and anyone involved in publication. Kind regards, blessings, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I hope the book blesses you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Deborah. I do hope all is well for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki. All is well, though I miss NM a lot. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Deborah, Thank you for your kindness and absolute generosity. I know your gift will be cherished by those who receive it.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Deborah,just uploaded your book! Thank you so much for this kind gift! I am really enjoying watching your works and reading your blog! You are a true talent and master! I truly hope this book will help me to find my way in landscape paintings as I am more about portraiture and expressing nature is my weak point.
    I wish you more inspiration and energy.
    May God help you.
    Sincerely
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Deborah, for your generosity!
    God bless you and your family
    Katia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your generosity and kindness, in His name, Tania

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your book with us Deborah. What is sown shall be reaped. May God bless you abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deborah, thanks again for your book. It has so much valuable information in it and is very inspiring. As are you. I'm smiling now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Deborah what a blessed gift! Thank you so much for your generosity!!! Lord I ask that you blow Deborah's socks off with your provisions and blessings. May she receive a hundred fold for all that she has given and may her barns overflow to the point that she can no longer contain it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that wonderful blessing, Babs!

      Delete
    2. God bless you Deborah, in Jesus name, Barbara from Portugal

      Delete
  11. Thank you! May the Lord Jesus bless you and keep you, blessings, mirjam Klop

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deborah, Thank you for sharing your talent. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was absolutely refreshing to read your post. So many regard Christians as "old fashioned", unenlightened, fanatical, boring, whatever...That is their loss. Your words are a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deb,

    First of all, thank you for this wonderful gift. I have just started working in pastels and found your book through Susan Jenkins. Second, I understand the struggle to submit to God's will with abandon. It is so challenging not to want to build up your own security, instead of leaving things with God. We need his help just to let him help us! It's almost funny :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment on Painting the Landscape in Pastels ~Deborah